Ethos Outfit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multi Role Fighter

4 posters

Go down

Multi Role Fighter Empty Multi Role Fighter

Post  cathode Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:27 pm

I really like the idea of a Multi Role Fighter, a specific Reaver loadout. Jack of all trades, master of none. The goal behind a Multi Role Fighter is 100% support. This set up isn't going to dominate any field, Intercepter for air or Close Air Support for the ground. However it can assist either situation without having to spawn a new loadout.

My current Multi Role Fighter loadout:

-M20 Mustang with 1.5x Zoom and more ammo. I really like the M20 Mustang for assisting the ground. With a significant zoom you can "snipe" tanks and "suppress" infantry choke points from range.

-Tomcat A2AM Pods. This ordinance platform is self explanitory. Besides ammo does anyone believe upgrades are useful?

-Vehicle Stealth x1. Enemy target aquisition and missle fire is extremely dangerous. I currently feel that vehicle stealth would best benefit the Multi Role Fighter.

-Aquisition Timer x5.

-Dogfighting Airframe x1. I really think that Racer High Speed Airframe would benefit this loadout more, I just haven't saved the certs to purchase it. The idea is to fly at tree level and elevate to fire or ambush enemy aircraft. Enemy air is forced to engage you from higher elevation. As long as your paying attention and do not escape into the advancing aircraft the enemy will always have a longer distance to travel than the escapee. Geometry and Racer High Speed Airframe will provide you with a quick escape into friendly airspace. In addition Racer High Speed Airframe will allow to quickly relocate in the advance as well.

-Scout Radar x1. A 50m Scout Radar isn't that useful but a 200m Scout Radar is more than appropriate for a soley support aircraft. So build from the bottom.

-Camouflage. If using Vehicle Stealth then vehicle camouflage is useful. The triangle above your craft does not apear as quickly as before. Camouflage will help in a small way but that small amount might be what it takes to keep you from being noticed.

cathode
cathode

Back to top Go down

Multi Role Fighter Empty Re: Multi Role Fighter

Post  Sinervale Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:44 pm

cathode wrote:

My current Multi Role Fighter loadout:

-Vortek Rotary with more ammo.

-Breaker Rocket Pods.

-Vehicle Stealth x1.

-Aquisition Timer x5.

-Racer High Speed Airframe x1.

-Fire Suppression System x1.

-Camouflage. If using Vehicle Stealth then vehicle camouflage is useful. The triangle above your craft does not apear as quickly as before. Camouflage will help in a small way but that small amount might be what it takes to keep you from being noticed.

The above is my current setup...can assist ground forces with the rocket pod bombardments, but it does force you to rely on the nose gun for dog fighting. So far I'm liking it...the Fire Suppression is more because I'm not an ace pilot, and i can see the advantages the Scout Radar can give.

Sinervale

Back to top Go down

Post  Moneypants Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:37 am

Kinda hoping they'll introduce aircraft-specific paintjobs, since most camo in its current state only protects you when you're parked in the field somewhere. It'd make much more sense to have grey and navy or black paint schemes for day and night flying.

Moneypants

Back to top Go down

Post  Juk3r Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:45 pm

Just wanted to say I recommend the vortek rotary with zoom optics over the mustang if your accuracy is good. It has a faster firing rate and once you upgrade your round capacity to lvl 2 you will have more leeway on your shooting if you miss. Also I have read that if you max the round capacity, you can take out ESF in one go. I've taken out many tanks and infantry with this weapon. Like I said before this weapon is especially good on infantry if you got good aim. Just a tap of the left mouse button will let them meet their maker.

I also recommend using the Hover stability airframe with this weapon as it does what it says. Great for targeting ground units and also the vertical thrusters help with reverse thrusting, which can be crucial in dog fighting if you find yourself chasing each others tails.

Juk3r

Juk3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum